Before You Go - Graduate Students
**SLA Funds will not be distributed until awardees have completed all the "Before You Go" Requirements**
- Confirm acceptance of the award by 5:00pm on March 18, 2017 by saving the online SLA Grant Award Confirmation Form to your desktop. Please submit an electronic copy of your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject: "[Your last name], [Target Language], Graduate Student Award Confirmation Form".
- Attend the SLA Grant Intercultural Training & Pre-Departure Session on March 28, 5:30-8:00pm in Geddes Hall (Dinner Included).
- Complete the Pre-Departure Prompts by April 8. Note that your responses and headshot will be published on your SLA Grant blog and be publicly accessible. See the 2016 SLA Grant alumni blog for an example: http://blogs.nd.edu/sla2016/
- Consider registerating your travel with NDI. Registrating permits NDI to reach out to you in case any emergencies arise in your travel area. You can register your travel here.
- Consider attending the Student Safety Summit on Monday, April 24th OR Tuesday, April 25th in DeBartolo 101 from 6:30 to 7:45pm. This summit is required for all undergraduate students participating in sponsored summer study abroad programs and strongly encouraged for graduate students.
- Consider pre-program language proficiency testing. (You will be contacted by the CSLC to schedule this.)
- Research and make all necessary arrangements for your travel, residence, and study in country in accordance with your proposal for SLA Grant funding. Remember, you are responsible for all immigration/visa, fiscal, legal, and logistical arrangements related to your SLA Grant activities.