Before You Go - Undergraduate Students
**SLA Funds will not be distributed until awardees have completed all the "Before You Go" Requirements**
- Confirm acceptance of the award by 5:00pm on March 18, 2016 by saving the online SLA Grant Award Confirmation Form to your desktop. Please submit your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject "[Your last name], [Target Language], Undergraduate Student Award Confirmation Form."
- Complete your Commitment to Language Coursework Form and submit a digital copy of the form to email@example.com by March 25, 2016. Note that this form also requires the signature of your department advisor for your primary major. FYS advisors will also be accepted. Please use the email subject "[Your last name], [Target Language], Commitment to Language Coursework."
- Register your travel here by March 25, 2016.
Please make sure to choose "CSLC - SLA Grant" as your "funding/sponsoring source." (Otherwise, we have no way of knowing that you have registered your travel.) Note that sponsored travel approval is required before your grant funds can be dispersed.
If you do not know your exact travel dates when you register, please put estimated dates and email firstname.lastname@example.org with your exact dates when you have them.
- Attend the SLA Grant Intercultural Training & Pre-Departure Session on March 28, 5:30-8:00pm in Geddes Hall (Dinner Included).
- Complete the Pre-Departure Prompts by April 8. Note that your responses and headshot will be published on your SLA Grant blog and be publicly accessible. See the 2016 SLA Grant alumni blog for an example: http://blogs.nd.edu/sla2016/
- Attend the Student Safety Summit on TBD. This summit is required for all undergraduate students participating in sponsored summer study abroad programs.
- Complete pre-program language proficiency testing. (You will be contacted by the CSLC to schedule this.) Please be advised that if you fail to show up for your appointed testing time and thus incur a no-show charge, this amount will be subtracted from your award.
- Research and make all necessary arrangements for your travel, residence, and study in country in accordance with your proposal for SLA Grant funding and your approval for sponsored travel. Remember, you are responsible for all immigration/visa, fiscal, legal, and logistical arrangements related to your SLA Grant activities.