Before You Go - Graduate Students
**SLA Funds will not be distributed until awardees have completed all the "Before You Go" Requirements**
- Confirm acceptance of the award by 5:00pm on March 18, 2019 by saving the online Graduate Award Confirmation Form to your desktop, then submitting an electronic copy of your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject: "[Your last name], [Target Language], Graduate Student Award Confirmation Form".
- Consider registering your travel with NDI. Registering permits NDI to reach out to you in case any emergencies arise in your travel area.
- Consider attending the NDI International Travel Health and Safety Summit on Monday, March 18th from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m OR on Wednesday, March 20th from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. This will take place in 101 DeBartolo Hall.
- Attend the SLA Grant CSLC Pre-Departure Session on Wednesday, April 17 in 318 DeBartolo Hall.
- Complete the Pre-Departure Prompts by April 17. Note that your responses and headshot will be published on your SLA Grant blog and be publicly accessible. See the 2018 SLA Grant alumni blog for an example: http://sites.nd.edu/sla2018/
- Research and make all necessary arrangements for your travel, residence, and study in country in accordance with your proposal for SLA Grant funding.
Check out CultureGrams to begin your research!
Remember, you are responsible for all immigration/visa, fiscal, legal, and logistical arrangements related to your SLA Grant activities.