Before You Go - Graduate Students
**SLA Funds will not be distributed until awardees have completed all the "Before You Go" Requirements**
- Confirm acceptance of the award by 5:00pm on March 23, 2018 by saving the online SLA Grant Award Confirmation Form to your desktop. Please submit an electronic copy of your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject: "[Your last name], [Target Language], Graduate Student Award Confirmation Form".
- Register your travel here by March 30, 2018 by following these steps. Note that sponsored travel approval is required before your grant funds can be dispersed.
- Attend the SLA Grant Intercultural Training & Pre-Departure Session on TBD in Geddes Hall (Dinner Included).
- Complete the Pre-Departure Prompts by April 6. Note that your responses and headshot will be published on your SLA Grant blog and be publicly accessible. See the 2016 SLA Grant alumni blog for an example: http://blogs.nd.edu/sla2016/
- Consider registerating your travel with NDI. Registrating permits NDI to reach out to you in case any emergencies arise in your travel area. You can register your travel here.
- Attend the Student Safety Summit on TBD from 6:30 to 7:45pm. This summit is required for all students participating in sponsored summer study abroad programs.
- Consider pre-program language proficiency testing. (You will be contacted by the CSLC to schedule this.)
- Research and make all necessary arrangements for your travel, residence, and study in country in accordance with your proposal for SLA Grant funding.
Check out CultureGrams to begin your research!
Remember, you are responsible for all immigration/visa, fiscal, legal, and logistical arrangements related to your SLA Grant activities.