Before You Go - Undergraduate Students
**SLA Funds will not be distributed until awardees have completed all the "Before You Go" Requirements**
- Confirm acceptance of the award by 5:00pm on March 23, 2018 by saving the online SLA Grant Award Confirmation Form to your desktop. Please submit your completed form to email@example.com with the email subject "[Your last name], [Target Language], Undergraduate Student Award Confirmation Form."
- Complete your Commitment to Language Coursework Form and submit a digital copy of the form to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 30, 2018. Note that this form also requires the signature of your department advisor for your primary major. FYS advisors will also be accepted. Please use the email subject "[Your last name], [Target Language], Commitment to Language Coursework."
- Register your travel here by March 30, 2018 by following these steps. Note that sponsored travel approval is required before your grant funds can be dispersed.
- Attend the SLA Grant Intercultural Training & Pre-Departure Session on TBD in Geddes Hall (Dinner Included).
- Complete the Pre-Departure Prompts by April 6. Note that your responses and headshot will be published on your SLA Grant blog and be publicly accessible. See the 2016 SLA Grant alumni blog for an example: http://blogs.nd.edu/sla2016/
- Attend the Student Safety Summit on TBD in DeBartolo 101 from 6:30 to 7:45pm. This summit is required for all students participating in sponsored summer study abroad programs.
- Complete pre-program language proficiency testing. (You will be contacted by the CSLC to schedule this.) Please be advised that if you fail to show up for your appointed testing time and thus incur a no-show charge, this amount will be subtracted from your award.
- Research and make all necessary arrangements for your travel, residence, and study in country in accordance with your proposal for SLA Grant funding and your approval for sponsored travel.
Check out CultureGrams to begin your research!
Remember, you are responsible for all immigration/visa, fiscal, legal, and logistical arrangements related to your SLA Grant activities.