Before You Go - Undergraduate Students
**SLA Funds will not be distributed until awardees have completed all the "Before You Go" Requirements**
- Confirm acceptance of the award by March 21 by completing the Undergraduate Award Confirmation Google Form (to be emailed to students to whom a grant is offered).
Complete NDI's Travel Safety 101 Course. This course is required for all students participating in sponsored summer study abroad programs. Information regarding the course and how to access it is available in the Travel Registry once you submit a travel registration.
- Register your travel here. Note that sponsored travel approval is required before your grant funds can be disbursed. See here for details about the travel registration process.
- Attend the SLA Grant CSLC Pre-Departure Session.
- Complete the Pre-Departure Prompts. Note that your responses and headshot will be published on your SLA Grant blog and be publicly accessible. See the 2019 SLA Grant alumni blog for an example: http://sites.nd.edu/sla2019/
- Research and make all necessary arrangements for your travel, residence, and study in country in accordance with your proposal for SLA Grant funding and your approval for sponsored travel.
Check out CultureGrams to begin your research!
Remember, you are responsible for all immigration/visa, fiscal, legal, and logistical arrangements related to your SLA Grant activities.