Before You Go - Undergraduate Students
**SLA Funds will not be distributed until awardees have completed all the "Before You Go" Requirements**
- Confirm acceptance of the award by March 21 by completing the Undergraduate Award Confirmation Google Form (available on the Forms page).
Complete NDI's Travel Safety 101 Course. This course is required for all students participating in sponsored summer study abroad programs. Information regarding the course and how to access it is available in the Travel Registry once you submit a travel registration.
- Register your travel here. Note that sponsored travel approval is required before your grant funds can be disbursed. See here for details about the travel registration process.
- Watch the virtual SLA Grant CSLC Pre-Departure Session video (to be shared with all recipients in April).
- Take the Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) assessment to assess your intercultural competency. (More details will be given about this in the virtual pre-departure orientation video).
- Research and make all necessary arrangements for your travel, residence, and study in country in accordance with your proposal for SLA Grant funding and your approval for sponsored travel.
Check out CultureGrams to begin your research!
Remember, you are responsible for all immigration/visa, fiscal, legal, and logistical arrangements related to your SLA Grant activities.