NDI Travel Registration Process
All students traveling internationally must register via the NDI Travel Registry and receive travel approval from Notre Dame International. Students interested in traveling to a country with a U.S. State Department Travel Advisory Level 3 or Level 4 or a CDC Travel Health Notice Level 3 must obtain approval for an exception to policy from the ND International Travel Review Committee.
There is a two-step process of being approved for international travel. Please follow the steps below to fully complete your international travel registration at the appropriate time as outlined above:
- Go to https://international.nd.edu/
- Select "Travel and Safety"
- Select "Register Your Travel"
- Complete the questionnaires regarding your international travel.
- NDI will either tentatively approve your travel or reply with questions. Respond appropriately.
Please make sure to choose "CSLC - SLA Grant" as your "funding/sponsoring source" or "Graduate Program." Otherwise, we have no way of knowing that you have registered your travel. Note that sponsored travel approval is required before your grant funds can be disbursed.
If you do not know your exact travel dates when you register, please put estimated dates and email email@example.com with your exact dates when you have them.
Once your travel has been "tentatively approved" by NDI, you must complete/upload the following documents:
- A copy of your GeoBlue health insurance card or the purchase confirmation email (all students are required to purchase GeoBlue international health insurance to travel internationally). The group access code for short-term (less than a semester) Notre Dame projects is GQB-9847. Please make sure to include this expense on your budget or the CSLC will not be able to cover the cost.
- Sign and complete all waivers.
- Register for the STEP Program.
- Upload a copy of your passport.
- Complete the Travel Safety 101 Course in Sakai and upload a copy of your certificate of completion.
Only after you have completed all of the above will you be considered "approved" for international travel. This entire process must be completed before the end of the spring semester.
For questions or additional information about Notre Dame-sponsored international travel, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.