Summer Language Abroad Grant Program
The Center for the Study of Languages & Cultures
Summer Language Abroad Grant: provides funding for individual summer foreign language study abroad via awards of up to $5,500 combined with a comprehensive curriculum of international study coursework. This is open to undergraduate students who have a declared major, supplementary major, or minor in the College of Arts & Letters. (A documented intent to declare a major/minor will also be accepted). It is also open to undergraduate students who have declared a supplementary major in global affairs (Keough School of Global Affairs) and graduate students from any College/School and area of study.
The CSLC will offer limited funding for intensive language study over Thanksgiving break and Christmas break (2019). This opportunity is open to:
- Undergraduate students with a declared major, supplementary major, or minor in the College of Arts & Letters or a declared supplementary major in global affairs (Keough School of Global Affairs)
- Graduate students from any College/School and area of study
- A brief rationale for language study
- The language, country and the proposed dates involved
- Information about the language program (including its name, website, and course description/syllabus); a rationale for selecting the particular program; an itemized budget, and an email of support from a faculty member. This email should be sent directly to Maggie Mello.
All applicants - whether successful or not - are eligible to apply for the 2020 Summer SLA Grant.