- The Summer 2023 application cycle will open in November 2022. For exact dates, please check the "Apply" landing page.
- Applications outside of the application cycle will not be accepted (e.g. the survey will not open before or after the announced dates above)
- We will only accept the first application you submit--do not hit submit until you are finished.
- You can save your application and return to it anytime.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
2023 SLA Undergraduate Application
An outline of the application components is provided below.
- What are your realistic expectations for the opportunity afforded by an SLA award? Explain how learning this language is critical to your long-term academic and/or career goals. How will you continue your language education upon return?
Describe the course of study you plan to undertake with the help of an SLA Grant. Why have you chosen this particular language program?
- An Itemized Budget including travel, accommodations, health insurance, and language program tuition costs. All undergraduate students must purchase GeoBlue Health Insurance. The insurance will cost approximately $12 a week. GeoBlue is also available to graduate students.
Faculty Recommendation Letter
Applicants must ensure that a faculty member submits a recommendation for their language study abroad by the deadline indicated on the application landing page. Proposals without faculty recommendations will not be accepted.
Your Faculty Recommendation Letter may be from your SLA Program Faculty Advisor or a different faculty member with whom you are familiar.
Please note that a recommendation request will be generated and automatically sent to your listed faculty member upon submission of your application form. We strongly encourage you to reach out to them once you have submitted to ensure they received a recommendation request. Use this link to request a recommendation only if the faculty member did not receive or lost the email requesting that a recommendation be submitted.